Registrations now open for the Cairns and Hinterland Suicide Prevention Community Action Plan workshopsPublished 18 November 2020
Are you part of a community organisation providing suicide prevention services? Are you a mental health professional or support worker? Or are you a first responder to suicidal crises?
Northern Queensland PHN, in partnership with Beacon Strategies, is inviting professionals across the suicide prevention sector in the Cairns and Hinterland region to participate in focus group sessions. Within these facilitated workshops, we will explore your priorities, ideas and existing activities for suicide prevention within local communities.
Your contributions will directly inform the development of the new Cairns and Hinterland Suicide Prevention Community Action Plan (SPCAP).
If you are anyone from the below list and work within or service the Cairns and Hinterland area, we want to hear from you:
- mental health support worker
- general practitioner
- mental health clinician
- acute care clinician
- private psychiatrist, counsellor, or allied health professional
- part of a community organisation providing suicide
- prevention or support services
- part of Queensland Police, Ambulance, or Fire services
- school chaplain, teacher, or guidance officer
- peer support worker
- care coordinator
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Worker.
When and where
- Cairns (north)
Monday 30 November 2020
Tuesday 1 December 2020
Wednesday 2 December 2020
- Cairns (south)
Thursday 3 December 2020
Friday 4 December 2020
Register online here.
Download the flyer here.Last updated: 18 November 2020