The NQPHN region extends from St Lawrence in the south coast, up to the Torres Strait in the north, and west to Croydon and Kowanyama.
NQPHN aims to improve health outcomes for all residents by supporting, investing in, and working collaboratively with local Hospital and Health Services, the primary healthcare sector, local government areas (LGAs), other health organisations, and the wider community.
NQPHN invests in primary and preventative health care – that is, the health care that takes place outside of a hospital – to help ensure North Queensland communities receive the right care, in the right place, at the right time so they can live happier, healthier, and longer lives.
Many social, economic, and environmental factors contribute to health outcomes for communities and individuals. We have a focus on preventative approaches to health including immunisation and health screening, promoting better nutrition and staying active, and reducing the impact of alcohol, smoking, and other drugs on health and wellbeing.
Find out more about the PHN program on the Australian Government Department of Health website.
This Values-Behaviour Blueprint provides a summary of NQPHN’s Values-Behaviour Charter. The Charter represents a shared commitment from all staff to improving the future ways of working at NQPHN. The purpose of this charter is to outline the behaviours and actions expected of leaders and staff across NQPHN.
We connect co-operatively across boundaries to share ideas and achieve our goals together.
‘We work together’
- I will work co-operatively across teams to achieve outcomes.
- I will connect with others to build trusting relationships.
- I will share ideas, knowledge, and resources.
We are empowered, inspired, and will step up to create a better future.
‘We are all leaders’
- I will role-model positive behaviours.
- I will create opportunities to have a positive impact.
- I will take responsibility for contributing to NQPHN’s culture and success.
We hold ourselves to the highest standards of ethics and professionalism.
‘We do the right thing’
- I will be consistently ethical and trustworthy.
- I will display high levels of professionalism at all times.
- I will represent NQPHN with pride.
We own our actions, follow through on our promises, and live our values.
‘We do what we say’
- I will follow through on my commitments.
- I will take ownership of my work and performance.
- I will be transparent and forthcoming with information.
We hear, acknowledge, and value all people and voices, finding unity in our diversity.
‘We are considerate’
- I will actively seek out and value different perspectives.
- I will treat all people with appreciation, dignity, and courtesy.
- I will be culturally informed and sensitive.
Was this helpful?
Read the latest news from NQPHN.