Your local HealthPathways portal provides the latest information about the clinical aspects of COVID-19 vaccination, including advice, delivery, and follow up.
GPs are encouraged to check they have access to HealthPathways.
Don't have a login for HealthPathways? Register using the above link.
As part of the National COVID-19 Health Management Plan for 2023, the Australian Government has advised that the distribution of PPE through the Living with COVID measure has now ceased (as of 31 December 2022). There will be no further extensions and no deliveries will be made after this date.
Further information about the PPE distribution measures for ACCHOs will be provided at a later date.
Useful PPE resources
For useful PPE resources, please visit the Infection Control web page.
The Queensland Government’s Asset Library for COVID-19 healthcare providers also provides a collection of print-ready and editable resources for general practice in regard to COVID-19 and vaccination care. The collection includes:
- patient fact sheets – what to expect after your vaccination (AstraZeneca and Pfizer)
- sticker and badge artwork – “I’ve had the COVID-19 vaccination”
- practice signage – COVID-19 vaccination location
- pull-up banners – for photos and promoting the vaccination.
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a work-based intervention program designed to enhance the emotional, mental, and general psychological wellbeing of all employees and includes services for immediate family members.
To access this confidential service, please contact AccessEAP on 1800 818 728 and identify as one of these groups when calling into our service, starting with Northern Queensland Primary Health Network, then either GP staff or Chemist Staff.
For more information on AccessEAP, visit their website.
NQPHN has also created an EAP support poster to advise staff of the service availability:
Staffed by senior GPs and experienced counsellors trained in doctors’ health, Drs4Drs is a free medical service for GPs seeking support
An initiative from the Department of Health and Medical Board of Australia to ensure GPs have access to care and support when they need it.
This is a 24/7, free and confidential service you can access by calling 1300 Dr4Drs (1300 374 377).
- Queensland Doctors’ Health Advisory Service: free and confidential advice 24/7 to medical practitioners and medical students. This support advice includes: matters relating to stress, mental health, personal and financial crises needs. Phone: 07 3833 4352
- RACGP Support Program: free, confidential specialist advice to help cope with professional and personal stressors impacting areas such as, mental health and wellbeing, work performance and personal relationships. Phone: 1300 361 008
- ACRRM's Employee Assistance Program: free for members experiencing workplace, training, exam, or other stresses or issues impacting your personal wellbeing. Provides immediate, confidential phone counselling support 24/7 in Australia and overseas. Phone 1800 818 728.
- Nurse & Midwifery Support: free and confidential support 24/7. Counsellors are available to discuss any health-related issues and provide advice and referral for nurses, midwives, nursing students, employers, educators, concerned others and the public. Phone: 1800 667 877
- CRANAplus Bush Support Services: free and confidential 24/7 telephone and online counselling service for rural and remote health practitioners and their families. Phone: 1800 805 391
- NewAccess - Beyond Blue: New access is a free service that provides support through a coach who can guide in setting practical goals that will get you back on track.
- Black Dog Institute self-care webinar: Online self-care for Doctors webinar. Free.