The Primary Care Engagement (PCE) Team aims to assist primary care providers to maintain highly effective and sustainable practices. The team works to build workforce capacity and capability of GPs and other primary care professionals and their teams to meet the demands for primary care services through integrated, coordinated, and responsive service provision.
- Design and deliver primary care capability and capacity enhancing interventions through face-to-face engagement and planned education.
- The collection, collation, analysis, and meaningful use of de-identified clinical data to enhance patient management and practice sustainability.
- Driving health service and system integration and improvement through digital enablement by providing capability enhancing support, training, and resource provision.
- Increased capacity of general practices to be able to systematically measure and monitor patient care to improve outcomes through continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- Providing leadership, education, and resources to ensure regional readiness for health reform in collaboration with general practice and other primary care providers and local health services.
- Data optimisation program
- Digital data dashboard
- Primary Sense
- Digital capability enhancement program
- Continuing professional development program
- Continuous quality improvement programs
- Training and webinar library
- My health for life program
- Resource library
Jenny leads the Primary Care Engagement Team to deliver comprehensive and professional support to the primary care sector. Jenny has 30 years medical administration and Practice Management experience including general practice, private and public hospital administration, and emergency services. Jenny’s leadership qualities, understanding of the health system, and integration enables her to think outside the box to create, develop, and implement innovative solutions to complex issues.
M: 0499 292 838
Linda is an Enrolled Nurse, originally of the UK, who has called Cairns home since 2006.
With over 25 years health industry experience, incorporating both medical administration and nursing, Linda has worked in both the public and private sector and has built many trusted relationships within the GP community during her time in the region.
Linda is very excited to once again be part of the Primary Care Engagement Team and working with our partners to develop an integrated and coordinated primary healthcare system that ensures we reach our vision of helping ‘Northern Queenslanders live happier, healthier, and longer lives’.
M: 0484 511 696
Claire has medical administration experience in a specialist clinic environment and general practice. These roles enabled her to gain experience communicating with health providers and a good understanding of the health demographics for North Queenslanders. Claire also has a background in customer service, technical data analysis, and biological science reporting. Claire is a fantastic communicator and problem solver.
M: 0455 043 559
Chloe joins the Townsville Primary Care Engagement team and will be working to deliver comprehensive professional support to the Townsville Hospital and Health Service region. Chloe has several years experience as a Registered Nurse with experience in General Practice, Defence, Emergency, Rural and Remote Health, and Education. Chloe has transitioned from the NQPHN Mental Health Alcohol and Other Drugs Team and brings a fresh approach to the team.
M: (07) 4796 0429
Eloise, originally from Brisbane and now joining our Townsville team, has spent several years working for NDIS providers and community housing groups, working with the homeless and disadvantaged. With a specialty in Mental Health and Alcohol and Other Drugs, Eloise is due to complete her Certificate 4 in Mental Health in November 2023. Eloise is looking forward to engaging with our service providers in her role within the Primary Care Engagement Team.
M: 0488 072 844
Debra is an endorsed enrolled nurse and practice manager with over 15 years’ experience in general practice. Debra moved to Mackay seven years ago and understands the challenges of rural and remote health, after working as a practice nurse in a remote general practice in Western Queensland. Debra is committed to building the capacity of the health workforce in northern Queensland by encouraging quality improvement through practice engagement and supporting general practice in developing access to integrated and comprehensive care for at risk patients.
M: 0482 578 279
Alex is passionate about Digital Health and has over five years experience working in this space. His qualifications include Bachelor of Arts, Certificate IV in Network Administration and Diploma in Community Welfare Work. His goal is to achieve a workforce confidently using digital health technologies to deliver health and care. Alex can provide online and face to face support to improve provider uptake and use of State and National digital health initiatives.
M: 0439 110 555
Was this helpful?
Read the latest news from NQPHN.