Northern Queensland PHN is working alongside residential aged care facilities to manage and reduce infection rates in facilities.
All RACFs in the Northern Queensland PHN region were supported by the PHN to provide vaccinations for all residents and staff.
The PHN continues to actively support all RACFs in the region to ensure vaccinations are available.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if we can be of assistance.
Rapid response flowchart
The COVID-19 in a RACF: Overview and flowchart was jointly developed by a State and Commonwealth working group to help ensure Queensland can mobilise quickly and effectively in response to a COVID-19 case in an aged care facility.
Personal protective equipment (PPE)
PPE for coronavirus (COVID-19) includes surgical masks, particulate filter respirators (such as P2 or N95), gloves, goggles, glasses, face shields, gowns and aprons. Guidelines on the use of PPE when caring for patients in the non-inpatient settings are available on the Department's website. If you have any questions about the use of PPE or if you require PPE, email email@example.com.
- A COVID-19 support line has been set up to provide information and support for older Australians, their families and carers. Freecall: 1800 171 866.
- The FriendLine is for anyone who needs to reconnect or just wants a chat. All conversations with FriendLine are casual and anonymous and friendly volunteers are ready to talk about anything and everything. Call: 1800 424 287.
Public health guidelines
The Communicable Diseases Network Australia has developed these comprehensive national guidelines for the prevention, control and public health management of COVID-19 outbreaks in residential care facilities in Australia that cover:
- preparedness and prevention
- a flowchart for COVID-19 management
- swab collection procedure, and more.