Northern Queensland PHN continues to support primary healthcare in our region to respond to the current COVID-19 health situation by providing services, information and resources to help practitioners support their patients.
This page contains information on the assessment and management of COVID-19, vaccinations, GP respiratory clinics, primary healthcare workforce, and clinical/patient resources.
For more information, use the COVID-19 links on the right-hand column of this page.
Since February 2020, general practice has underpinned Australia’s response to COVID-19. At NQPHN, we have been privileged to collaborate with the primary care sector during the COVID-19 pandemic response.
The COVID-19 GP, ACCHOs, and GP-led Respiratory Clinics Response Review (Feb 2020-June 2022) is an opportunity for NQPHN to say thank you to the general practices, Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisations (ACCHOs), and other primary care providers for the dedication and hard work they have provided to help northern Queenslanders stay safe and live happier, healthier, longer lives during the pandemic.
HealthPathways contains the most up to date information on support for COVID-19 patients.
Your local COVID-19 Case Management HealthPathway is available for clinicians to provide clinical guidance on the assessment, triage and management of COVID-19 positive people in the community.
HealthPathways have been developed for COVID-19 for the Northern Queensland Primary Health Network (NQPHN) region:
The COVID-19 HealthPathway is regarded as the key source of truth for clinicians relating to COVID-19. If you are a clinician and don’t have access to HealthPathways, please contact the HealthPathways coordinator in your area:
- 10 March 2023 — COVID-19: Update for tenderers – GP-led Respiratory Clinic Panel
- 6 March 2023 — Build Back Better: Apply for a NQPHN Digital Capability Grant for your practice
- 13 February 2023 — COVID-19: GP update (13 February 2023)
- 27 January 2023 — COVID-19: Apply for $5,000 General Practice COVID-19 Capacity Support funding
- 6 January 2023 — COVID-19: GP update - GP-led Respiratory Clinic Panel Approach to Market (6 January 2023)
- 7 March 2023 — COVID-19: RACF DoHAC Update – 2023 Winter PPE Deployment
- 3 March 2023 — COVID-19: RACF Update (3 March 2023)
- 14 February 2023 — COVID-19: RACF Update (14 February 2023)
- 30 January 2023 — COVID-19: RACF Update (30 January 2023)
- 23 January 2023 — COVID-19: RACF Update (23 January 2023)
- 13 January 2023 — COVID-19: RACF Update (13 January 2023)
Queensland PHNs host regular webinars, providing updates on the current COVID-19 situation in Queensland. If you have missed a webinar, you can still watch the recordings below.
Was this helpful?
Read the latest news from NQPHN.