The Strengthening Medicare General Practice Grants Program invites general practices to apply for one-off grants of $25,000, $35,000, or $50,000 (based on practice size and accreditation status) to invest in innovation, training, equipment, and minor capital works, in one or more of the three investment streams below:
- Enhance digital health capability
- Upgrade infection prevention and control arrangements and/or
- Maintain and/or achieve accreditation.
Practices can apply for a Grant through their local Primary Health Network (PHN).
In North Queensland, Northern Queensland Primary Health Network (NQPHN) will administer the Grants to general practices.
Eligible ACCHOs will be able to apply for the Grants through the National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation (NACCHO). NACCHO will administer and manage the program in relation to ACCHOs.
General practices wanting more information on the program can refer to the Strengthening Medicare – General Practice Grants Program Factsheet.
For more information on eligibility, investment streams, how to apply for a Grant, and other key program information, email email@example.com
Eligible practices can apply for a GP Grant through NQPHN, which will administer the Grants to general practices on behalf of the Commonwealth.
NQPHN will contact all eligible practices directly inviting them to update their details and confirm their intent to apply for a GP Grant.
Practices can contact NQPHN at firstname.lastname@example.org
|GP Grant applications open, agreements executed, and funding paid||From 24 April 2023|
|Grantees undertake investment activities in accordance with their Grant agreements||From Grant agreement – 30 June 2024|
|GP Grant applications close||15 June 2023|
|Program ends on 30 June 2024. Grantees must spend the Grant before the end date of the Program||30 June 2024|
|At the end of the Program, Grantees return completed evaluation form and financial acquittal report form to the PHN||Prior to 31 July 2024|
- GP Grants – Quick Reference Guide
- GP Grants – Factsheet
- GP Grants – Investment Stream Activities Guidance
- GP Grants – Investment Activities – Decision Making Tool
- Practice Expense Log template (Microsoft Excel document, 184KB)
- Financial Acquittal Report (Microsoft Word document, 109KB)
- RACGP factsheet – definition of general practice
- RACGP standards for general practices