Practical Tips in the Management of Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder
Posted Tuesday 19 October 2021 | Psych Scene
This webinar series is offered as three short interactive webinars over three consecutive evenings. It enhances the General Practitioner's ability to diagnose, assess and manage psychosis and schizophrenia.
Topics discussed in this session
- What is psychosis?
- Assessment of psychosis/schizophrenia.
- Diagnosing bipolar disorder.
- Psychopharmacology of antipsychotics.
- Initiating and switching of antipsychotics.
- Management of side effects.
- Shared decision making to individualise treatment.
- Evidence-based management of schizophrenia.
Dr Sanil Rege
MBBS, MRCPsych, FRANZCP
With extensive teaching experience through his various psychiatry course initiatives, Sanil is renowned as an enthusiastic and motivational training facilitator who promotes interaction and discussion. As the founder and Academic Lead of Psych Scene, he aspires to make a difference in mental health by empowering Healthcare Professionals to advance their skills and career through specialised training. Sanil is also founder of Vita Healthcare, a private clinic in Mount Eliza specialising in mental health.
- One: Tuesday 2 November at 6.30pm-8.30pm AEDT
- Two: Wednesday 3 November at 6.30pm-8.30pm AEDT
- Three: Thursday 4 November at 6.30pm-8.30pm AEDT
For Australian General Practitioners and Nurse Practitioners only. These will be live webinars, no recording will be made available.
Series of three evening webinars: Earn 3 NEW CPD Activities or 12 MH CPD points.Download flyer Last updated: Friday 08 October 2021