Provide online access to evidence on palliative care.
A national specialist palliative care and advance care planning advisory service, comprising a comprehensive website and a telephone advisory service. These resources will equip care providers with skills and information to help older Australians receive high-quality end of life care.
A national peak body for palliative care, improving access to, and promoting the need for, palliative care.
Provide advocacy, representation, and professional development opportunities for members, championing the delivery of high quality, evidence-based palliative care, building capacity within the palliative care nursing workforce, and supporting members to work to the outer limits of their scope of practice.
A peak body representing palliative care providers, consumers and their families, and those with an interest in palliative care in Queensland.
Facilitate professional development and support for its members, promoting the practice of Palliative Medicine and advocating for those who work in the field of palliative medicine, whilst providing a variety of continuous professional development activities to support and educate medical practitioners working in, or with an interest in, palliative medicine.
- caring@home: Pallimeds app
- caring@home: Resources
- Centre for Palliative Care Research and Education (CPCRE): GP Pain Help App
- End of Life Directions for Aged Care (ELDAC): Information and services
- End of Life Directions for Aged Care (ELDAC): Toolkits
- MBS: Pain and Palliative Medicine Items
- Palliative Care Australia: National Palliative Care Standards
- Palliative Care Australia: Palliative Care Service Development Guidelines
- Palliative Care Australia: Pediatric Addendum: Palliative Care Service Development Guidelines
- Palliative Care Australia: Health Professional Resources
- Palliative Care Australia: Understanding grief
- Queensland Health: Guidelines for the Handling of Medication in Community-Based Palliative Care Services in Queensland
- Queensland Health: Medical Aids Subsidy Scheme (MASS) Palliative Care Equipment Program
- Queensland Health: PallConsult
- RACGP Aged care clinical guidance (Silver Book): Palliative and end-of-life care
- RACGP CareSearch: Online palliative care information for GPs
- RACGP GP-led palliative care in rural Australia
- Therapeutic Guidelines: Palliative Care
- Palliative Care Australia: Resources for everyone
- Palliative Care Australia: Discussion starter: working out what’s right for you
- Palliative Care Australia: Facts about morphine and other opioids
- Palliative Care Australia: Guide to a social media afterlife
- Palliative Care Australia: National Palliative Care Standards fact sheet
- Palliative Care Australia: Pain management
- Palliative Care Australia: The dying process
- Palliative Care Australia: What is palliative care?
- Queensland Health Centre for Palliative Care Research and Education: Palliative care resources
24 JanCommunity of Practice 24/01/2022 12.00pm- 1.30pm Online Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Workers, Child protection and disability workers, Child safety staff, Community-based child and youth focused organisations, Healthcare professionals, Indigenous peoples' organisations