Northern Queensland Primary Health Network (NQPHN) is committed to enhancing and establishing a range of evidence-based and culturally appropriate Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) treatment services which are accessible to all residents across North Queensland.
The primary objectives of the AOD priority area are to:
- engage in ongoing collaboration with AOD networks, communities, services, and providers to better understand needs, inform planning, and identify opportunities to collaborate
- increase and sustain a qualified and skilled workforce that is better able to support a diverse client base, including supporting general practitioners to identify and respond to the needs of clients presenting with AOD concerns
- enhance service models through coordinated case management and care planning to increase access for vulnerable and disadvantaged populations across rural and remote communities
- maintain outcome-based performance frameworks
- enhance Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce participation, service capacity, and sustainability » increase investment in AOD withdrawal and rehabilitation management and support services.
28 August 2020